PEACEBURGH DESIRES YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD!
We really want ¬†your submissions for posts from you and other Peaceburghers!
What appears on the official Peaceburgh dot com site on Peaceburgh will also go on the Peaceburgh facebook page. ¬†We are almost to 1, this site 000 likes. ¬†Facebook wants $5 to reach 1, this site 220 people, cost other wise it will only reach 50 people at the most. ¬† No one with a facebook business page is happy about this. ¬†You would have to ask Tamar (contact info below) how to pay into a paypal account to reach that many people for your event or marketing of your business.
General guidelines for post submissions: ¬†Had to take peaceburgh email links off of this page, we got way too much SPAM from around the world.
- Any topic can be explored as long as you explain how your chosen subject raises the consciousness of other Peaceburghers, and/or how you benefited from knowing or doing what you‚Äôre writing about.
- When you are submitting a post, please do not advertise products or businesses ‚Äď unless they fit beautifully into the post. ¬†If you want your product/business to be seen, we encourage you to buy ad space on the site; ¬†please contact Tamar George ¬†at dot com. ¬†email is on that site. ¬†Sorry for the extra steps to get to us. ¬†But the spam was overwhelming.
- The post has to be original and personalized. ¬†Re-posts of your own material from other internet sites are welcomed.
- Yinz have to be from the Pittsburgh vicinity.
Submitting a post to be considered for publication:
- Send a personal email (with potential ‚Äėpost‚Äô) to Tamar George. ¬†Look up the email on her site Tamar George dot com. ¬†Sorry, we had over a 1,000 spams a month and had to take off the peaceburgh mail links here. ¬†¬†Your email will be submitted to the other team editors. ¬†You might ¬†briefly explain why you think you think your post is a good fit for Peaceburgh.com.
- Include your name, email and website at bottom of your post.¬† Please mention where in the Pittsburgh area you live.
- You can suggest things in your email, but don’t ask for anything that requires us to do extra work. ¬†We simply don‚Äôt have the time to create artwork, extensively edit your article, etc.
- If your post is time sensitive, let us know early in your email.
- If it‚Äôs been published elsewhere, let us know.¬† Re-publication of your own work is OK with us, subject to any copyright restrictions on your earlier publication.
- If you want us to help publicize an event, please provide us with a way to contact someone responsible for that event (so that we can obtain their permission).
- If you want to recommend an external article, post, etc. to our readers, the best way to do so is to write a post telling the readers why they would/should be interested in reading that item, and then including a link to the external web page.
- If the Peaceburgh editorial team thinks your submission is a great fit for our blog it will be gotten to.¬† The editing staff at Peaceburgh are volunteers, and will work on your post as their free time allows.
- Do NOT send Microsoft Word documents or PDFs for your potential posts.¬† Everything should be in your email, ready for ‘copy and paste’.
- Your post is more likely to get published when it has an image. ¬†We need one full-width image which the editing staff will insert in your post. ¬†
- Ask for a free¬†image or submit one image size 615px wide x 461px height is ideal for clarity.¬† Do not enclose more than 2 images in the same email.¬† Please note in your email where you got the image.¬† (For example, was it off a website that lets you have free images because you‚Äôre a member?) ¬†Explain in detail, and include any required image credit acknowledgements and copyright restrictions.
- Don’t take it personally if you don’t hear back quickly. ¬†If you are confident that your submission would be a perfect match, you could potentially resend your email with a nice ¬†note saying ‘just in case you might not have seen this the first time’. ¬†But do not resend more than twice.
¬†Official record of business for Peaceburgh:
Peaceburgh dot com is an official website of Peaceburgh.¬† Peaceburgh is an¬†Official Business Name¬†and Peaceburgh.com does business under that government registered name. ¬†If you are having an event, you can market ‚ÄėTitle of Event‚Äô in Peaceburgh. ¬†Please do not¬†say that Peaceburgh sponsors or is participating in an event without Peaceburgh‚Äôs permission.¬† Peaceburgh also has a few other official internet locations.
Other Peaceburgh internet sites include the following:
- Peaceburgh Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Peaceburgh)¬† Please Like this page.
- drum circle page (www.facebook.com/Peaceburgh#!/groups/275576925849760/)¬† Here, you can only submit items about drumming.
Thank you; we look forward to your post submissions to Tamar George dot com